If you are new to the world of cannabis or are curious about new consumption methods, you may have encountered tinctures. Cannabis tinctures are liquid, highly concentrated herbal extracts from soaking herbs in alcohol or vegetable glycerine. They are a popular method for consuming cannabis products – for medicinal purposes like pain relief or just for a quick high.
This video briefly overviews cannabis tinctures, their benefits, and how to customize them to meet your needs.
What are Cannabis Tinctures?
When cannabis is soaked in base liquid, such as food-grade alcohol, glycerin, or oil, it creates cannabis tincture, a medicinal substance meant for sublingual consumption. After the cannabis plant soaks in the base liquid for days, it’s strained out. The resulting solution is rich in cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that has leached out to the base liquid.
How to Use Cannabis Tinctures
Tinctures are packaged in small glass bottles with droppers as caps to make dosing easier. You can use them orally, sublingually, or mix them in foods or beverages and tweak them to match your tastes.
Sublingual consumption is one of the best ways to use a cannabis tincture if you want more robust, faster effects. To use a cannabis tincture sublingually:
- Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of the tincture under your tongue.
- Hold the liquid there for at least 30 seconds (longer is better)
- The effects occur in 15-30 minutes because tinctures are absorbed more rapidly than edibles.
Consuming cannabis tincture sublingually has several benefits, including:
- It allows more robust and faster effects than other consumption methods
- Sublingual products may be less likely to contribute to cannabis tolerance, and they often taste better than cannabis edibles
- They are also a good choice for medical cannabis users or those who use cannabis for anxiety because they control THC usage onset and impact windows
Mix with Food or Beverage
Mix cannabis tinctures with food or beverages to create delicious and infused dishes. They are also a great way to add cannabis to your recipes without overpowering the dish or leaving an unwanted greasy texture.
To mix them in your recipes, simply add the desired number of drops directly into the recipe. If you wish to use the tincture in your baking, keep your temperature at or below 350°F as higher temps can lower CBD’s potency. Mixing cannabis tinctures with food or beverages has the following benefits:
- Offer easy dosing and consumption
- Eliminates the strong odor
- Provides discreetness
- You can incorporate the tincture into your favorite dish or beverage.
Cannabis tinctures are increasingly popular as a delivery strategy since they offer a quick and effective dose with little effort. Since they don’t have a strong aroma, you can use them at almost any time and setting without attracting attention. In addition, they come in small bottles that can easily fit in your purse or pocket.
Benefits of Cannabis Tinctures
Cannabis tinctures are cannabis-infused products that both medicinal and non-medical users can benefit from. They have numerous benefits, including:
Potential for Speedier Effects
Consuming cannabis tinctures sublingually makes the body absorb them faster than other consumption methods. The benefits take effect 15 to 30 minutes after placing them under the tongue and last for two to six hours. After putting them there, the drops immediately transmit their active ingredients to the bloodstream through the mouth lining.
When you consume a cannabis gummy or edible, the active compounds in cannabis must travel through your body’s digestive system before being metabolized and released into your bloodstream. That means it can take up to two hours to feel any effect. However, mixing in food or beverage translates into a more intense experience because they metabolize into 11-hydroxy-THC.
Offer Discreet Consumption with Precise Dosing Capabilities
Tinctures are small, easy to carry, and do not have a strong aroma, features that make them very discreet. In addition, dropping them under the tongue or mixing them in your recipes means you can consume them without attracting unnecessary attention. These consumption methods are fast-acting and allow for precise dosing to the milliliter.
Potential Medicinal Benefits
Cannabis tinctures have several potential medicinal benefits, including pain relief, managing depression and anxiety, reducing cancer-related symptoms and nausea, relieving stress, improving sleep, and supporting various eating challenges.
The medicinal value depends on the cannabis tincture you take. Tinctures high in THC provide the psychoactive “high” typical of any cannabis product. They can also modestly reduce blood and eye pressure and stimulate appetite. Those rich in CBD and CBDA can modestly increase blood and eye pressure, reduce appetite, and provide anti-inflammatory properties that may help with conditions such as arthritis or Crohn’s disease.
Customizing to Meet Your Specific Needs
One of the greatest benefits of cannabis tinctures is the ability to customize them to meet your needs and preferences. You can customize the tincture by infusing it with any cannabis strain you wish and then tweaking the ratio of THC and CBD.
Tinctures come in various tastes and intensities, making choosing the one you prefer simple. Some are flavored to increase appeal, whereas unflavored versions are available for individuals who don’t like flavoring.
Once you choose your preferred flavor, microdose the tincture to determine its potency. Then alter each of your recipes to suit your preferences or needs. Cannabis-infused tinctures come with a number of special benefits, such as:
- Straightforward to consume
- Easy to make at home
- Cannabis tinctures are liquid cannabis extracts that can be ingested under the tongue or combined with food or drinks.
- They offer several potential benefits, including speedier effects than other consumption methods, discreetness, easy dosing and consumption, no strong odor, and the ability to add it to any food or beverage you choose.
- You can customize cannabis tinctures to meet individual needs and preferences by infusing them with any cannabis strain, using a preferred number of drops, crafting your microdosing to determine potency, and adjusting recipes according to personal needs or preferences.
- They offer a variety of medicinal benefits, including pain relief, managing depression and anxiety, reducing cancer-related symptoms and nausea, relieving stress, improving sleep, and providing support for various eating challenges.
When choosing the right products for your ideal cannabis journey, every adventurer’s path is unique. Planet 13 Dispensaries provides top-quality cannabis, and it is up to you to pick the ones that serve you best. So visit our shop today and shop for your preferred tinctures.